Risk & Internal Control Manager
The worldwide leader in developing, managing and delivering a unique array of On-Site Services, Benefits & Rewards Services as well as Personal and Home Services is hiring!
Join the great team of this competitive employer (Bucharest offices) and take the opportunity to work in a fulfilling and stable environment.
Job description & key responsibilities:
The internal control team is continuously developing internal control environment in order to mitigate existing and future risks. The Risk & Internal Control Manager is strongly supporting and monitoring proper deployment of the defined internal control methodology. In addition, he/she is also actively promoting an internal control across the entity.
Within the internal control team, he/she will be in charge of:
Coordinate the Risk assessment process
- Manage, support & monitor the periodic risk assessment process;
- Evaluate effectiveness of the local Action Plans helping to mitigate main risks.
Contributing to the implementation and the follow-up of procedures and controls
- Actively contribute to development of central policies, procedures and internal control matrix;
- Update existing and issue new operational guidelines on how to implement existing controls;
- Coordinate the implementation of internal controls in the different departments and be the support of departments in terms of methodology ;
- Perform internal control testing to support the departments in improving their processes and mitigating their risks;
- Report, warn, give recommendations, advising management on the progress in implementing the procedures and controls;
- Promote sharing of the best practices within the Internal Control Community.
Central administration of the internal control tools
- Use actively the Internal Control Share-point ensuring regular update of documents and information;
- Use the internal control reporting tool, for the organization and contribute to its further development.
Ensuring the implementation and the follow-up of procedures and controls specially focused on card operations
- Enrich existing procedures and control matrix on card operations;
- Issue operational guidelines on how to implement the controls;
- Coordinate their implementation in the different departments;
- Help the departments in implementing action plans and recommendations following the audits.
Representing internal control in temporary initiatives/projects (for example, Audits, due diligence activities, implementation of new products/services, other initiatives managed at the central level)
Required skills & profile
- Fluency in English, French will be a plus;
- Financial or technical (information systems & technologies) graduate (5+);
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in internal control in a multinational company or in the audit department of a consulting firm working on financial institutions / banks;
- Pedagogic skills, improvement-driven;
- Capabilities to work on projects;
- Good communication skills, used to work with interlocutors at any level of an organization;
- Autonomy, tenacity and rigor;
- Anticipation and synthesis skills.